Saturday, April 19, 2008

Scarf-O-Rama


I've been bit by the scarf bug. Not the most practical knitting for April in Phoenix. The temperatures have already started climbing into the nineties so it's not like I'm going to be able to wear the fruits of my labour. It is however, very relaxing knitting, and is helping me to remember one of the most important aspects of why I became a knitter in the first place. Stress relief. To aid in my quest for serenity, I have recently acquired my very first pair of Lantern Moon needles. I had been wondering for quite some time what the draw was to these needles. Now I know. I got the US 8-10 inch Rosewood straight needles with Ebony points. They're bloody fantastic. I'm knitting an Irish Hiking Scarf with them. My tension is so much better and they are like a dream on my hands.
I'm knitting the Karaoke cable scarf with a pair of Brittany straights and the difference between them and the Lantern Moon's is huge. The Brittany's feel a little like they're catching on each other and my tension is nearing strangulation. The Lantern Moon's slide through each stitch with ease and there is not a death grip in sight. Lovely. Just absolutely lovely.

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

Both of those scarves are gorgeous, and the yarn is giving great stitch defition- the cables really pop!

- Julie