Saturday, March 15, 2008

Knitty Knack Paddy Whack

I gasped a little when I got the email that the new Knitty was up. I'm obviously very low maintenance if this is all it takes to make me so excited I hold my breath! I do NOT need to be starting any new projects. Especially since my knitting ego has been bruised lately by all my screw ups. What's a girl to do though, when she sees this?



Or this...... Or these babies....


The sheer amount of willpower it will take me to resist casting on one of these projects is enormous. The one in the middle is my favourite. I could go for a different name though. It's called "Nob Hill". Yes, I know that's actually a neighborhood or something in San Francisco. However, being that I'm British (and apparantely forever immature), it's hard for me to say "Nob" without bursting into a fit of giggles. Colin in "Love Actually" makes me p*ss myself when he sings (about himself), "And he's got a big knob". If you haven't seen that movie, you really must. It's one of my favourites. So, now, is "Death At a Funeral". That's the funniest movie I've seen in a looong time. Actually, Kris Marshall, who plays Colin in Love Actually, is also in Death At a Funeral. He's fantastic. Anyway, got a bit off track there. Please, give me the strength to NOT order yarn for ANY of the above 3 knitted beauties pictured above. My Gathered Pullover is laying on the table beside me pleading with me to finish her. I did work on her quite a bit last night. The back is almost to the neck and shoulder shaping. I've been using a pair of Brittany Sz. 7 straight needles on the back. This is my first pair (other than a set of dpns) and I must say they are fantastic for my creaky arms & shoulders. I'm pretty sure they're made out of air, because they are so incredibly light! I always thought my heart belonged to my dear Addi Turbos but there may be a contender to win my love with these needles. Okay, I'm going now. I'm going to work on Gathered Pullover and I will NOT, under any circumstances, cast on for any new projects. BTW, have you seen the Hexacomb cardi from the Spring Interweave Knits? Dreamy. (Slaps self in face)....no Claire...be strong.





1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Isn't it so terribly hard not to cast on for something new when knitty gets published?? I'm having quite a hard time myself ;)

Be strong! Or not :) That's what us knitters do!

knittymuggins