Sunday, June 08, 2008

Focus On Your Craft One Time

Something amazing happened this weekend. I committed myself to one project. Generally I knit a few hours on one project, get bored and then turn my attention to another project. It's a bad habit, but it's the way I am. I've accepted this. Yesterday I turned over a new leaf. It won't last long but I'm taking advantage of the temporary change in my ways. It's allowed me to get a lot done on Alisa. I'm quite pleased with this knit. I had a setback in the beginning because I cast on for the small and it was quickly apparent it would be far too big. I begrudgingly frogged it and cast on for the x-small. Now I'm worried it's going to be too small. There's no way I'm frogging it again so I'm just going to cross my fingers that it fits. Or hope that I lose 5 pounds and then it'll fit regardless of whether I've knit a size that's slightly too small.

3 comments:

justclaire said...

ooh.... that's such a pretty colour! I'm sure it'll turn out lovely, and the perfect fit :)

Team Knit said...

It's looking great so far! And with your newfound project fidelity, I'm sure you'll get through it quickly.

- Julie

Knittymuggins said...

I'm very slowly learning to be monogamous with my knitting too. It can be really rewarding, but there are definitely times where your attention wanders :) I'm glad it worked out for you with Alisa though!

knittymuggins