Monday, June 16, 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

I have 4 skeins of Karabella Aurora 8 that are begging to be a scarf. These are my first ever skeins of Aurora 8 and I'm amazed by how seriously soft this wool is. I want to roll in it. Trouble is, every pattern I try doesn't seem to do this gorgeous yarn justice. So far I've tried an Irish Hiking Scarf, Sharfik and a Karaoke Cable scarf and they've all left me disappointed. I'm partial to cables for this yarn because they really pop, but I'm limited in my choices because I only have 392 yards. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

chrispy said...

Summer Sky, a shrug, which was in magknits Aug 2007.

Chicabean Scarf

Balsam, a cowl, lovely and would be nice and cozy.

Reversible Cabled Brioche Stitch Scarf

Knittymuggins said...

The Reversible Cabled Brioche Stitch Scarf was going to be my first choice too :) But the Grasshopper Scarf is also really sweet and if you made it just a bit shorter or skinnier you might be able to make it with the amount of yarn you have. Can't wait to see what you decide....

Have a great weekend!

knittymuggins