Monday, February 16, 2009

Very Very Busy....The Ambitious Life of a Multi-Tasker


Shelf

Phew, I'm tired. I've been knitting since Friday at 9pm. No stopping. Night and day. Okay, so maybe there was a bathroom break here and there, but it really does feel as though I've been knitting 24/7. I have to go back to work tomorrow and the thought of not being able to knit for 8 hours is devastating. Even more devastating is knowing that instead of knitting, I'll be working. Ugh. Double up....Ugh Ugh.

This weekend has been wonderful for my knitting ego. I PLOWED my way through Dahlia. Seriously, I never knit this fast. Not only did I knit at the speed of light, I did it without making any mistakes! Bravo me! (She's not finished yet, fingers crossed I can make it through without a disaster)


DSC_1088



DSC_1085

I successfully knit my way through 4 inches of the Miranda Cabled Scarf. Again, no mistakes. Whatis happening here? Am I in the Twilight Zone? The team consisting of Knitting, Me and Zippo Mistakes is not usually up to bat!

Miranda

Well, I don't know about you, but I've had quite enough of knitting without mistakes. It's boring. My poor Mother has been patiently waiting for her birthday shawl since the end of October. Looks like she'll be waiting a bit longer. Mistakes in lace make the hair on my arms stand to attention. They also cause me to run and hide for an unknown length of time. You can't see the mistake in the photo but it's there alright. There's no telling how many rows I'll have to frog back. I feel sick. However, due to the numerous high points in my knitting extravaganza, I am not going to beat myself up over this one for long. I'll see you again soon Woodland Shawl.

Woodland Shawl

Now what do you say we round off this post with another happy knitting experience? My fourth Irish Hiking Scarf. Actually, it may be the fifth, I don't know, I'm losing track. This scarf is so incredibly fast and easy, it just flies off the needles. You can never ever go wrong with this pattern. When your knitting has you down and you're questioning your skills, pull out a couple of hanks of something warm and squishy and knit away. You'll be patting yourself on the back in no time.

Hiker


5 comments:

Nettie said...

Nice scarf! Speedy knitter ;D

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been going to town. I can't see the mistake in the shawl--sure you have to frog? Everything looks great!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see more of Dahlia! I love the shawl! Lovely knitting.

Knittymuggins said...

Dahlia is looking amazing already!! I can't wait to see it finished :) I felt the same way when I was knitting it too..... slightly addicted to the pattern!

knittymuggins

Anonymous said...

Oh woodland scarf, I hear you, we will be together soon I hope, and what fun we will have. You will be so happy wrapped around my shoulders, you will keep me warm because I will love your beauty, your sofness. Allas poor woodland scarf, our time has not yet come...........Annonymous!