Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sit up straight? I prefer to slouch....

I love when knitting turns out the way I hope it will. This pattern is an example of that lovely feeling. Wendy from knitandtonic.....I bow to you for bringing me Le Slouch. It is so much fun to knit and this wool choice is superb. Although I must admit the thin parts of this thick and thin yarn have me gritting my teeth on occasion. Some of it is so thin that I'm afraid to knit the stitch for fear I'll snap it. No breaks yet though so I guess that means I'm learning to loosen up my death hold on the needles. I'm knitting it in the round on a 16" circ instead of dpns which helps. I love circular needles and will probably start using them exclusively in lieu of straights at some point in the near future. My tension is a lot better on them (rusted root doesn't count) and my hands/arms don't hurt as much as they do when using straight needles. Now, if I would just win the lottery so I can buy every size circular Addi Turbo has to offer, I will be a happy happy girl.

No comments: